Redesigning the "Students, Experts, Volunteers" Section

Sadly. This list does not have anything that I have in mind. Maybe I need GPT-3 :sweat_smile:

So what we need is something compact.
On the left, we can have an image depicting the category. On the right, you would have the text. On the top, you have the option to select Student, Expert etc. Where web site users can press “<” or “>” to change the section.

For example

I am < a student >

< Image > | < Text >

Does this make any sense? I know it sounds pretty vague.

I’m sorry. Could you elaborate more @akshika47? An image to demonstrate it perhaps?

Something like this maybe? Wordings/Formatting can change but this is the layout I am suggesting.

3 Likes

@akshika47 got it. Thank you.
And i think we have to find a way to show the users that there’s are more categories.

1 Like

Yeah. Good point @piumal1999. Any suggestions for that?

what if it changes in few seconds like in a carousel and when a user hover over it, it will be paused so that they can read it. @piumal1999 @akshika47

2 Likes

Maybe we can simply show all the options in a vertical list (similar to the current version). But we would have better UI. The current version’s problem is with the beauty of it. It does not match with the other parts of the website.

I think it would be simpler, right?

1 Like

I created another sample for the section. @akshika47 could you please give your opinions. @DESIRA @miluckshan-j

1 Like

This looks good. The headings could use a bit of brushing up. Would it be possible to see this section with a sample image as well? @piumal1999

1 Like

Looks nice @piumal1999! :smiley:
Same comment as @DESIRA. Reduce size and maybe capitalize case for the ‘I AM A’ part. Please note that it becomes ‘I am an Expert’ not ‘I am a Expert’

2 Likes

Added a sample image.

Btw, it was discussed in the tech team standup meeting that it would be better if we reduce the amount of text.

@Minuri_Adasuriya can you rewrite the text content with reduced word count?

Here we go:

Interact directly with a curated list of industry experts and academics across the globe via our host of programs including OneLive, ScholarX and IRC to gain valuable perspectives and insight on how to customise and innovate a new career path for you. Our AcadeMix and Student Ambassador Program offerings will also get you industry ready by your graduation and expose you to postgraduate, internship and job opportunities.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Minuri_Adasuriya. I’ll continue working on the design

I’m with option 2. @akshika47 ?

3 Likes

Yeah! me too… Option 2 looks good to me! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Yeah! Option 2 sounds good!

1 Like

I admire to have something like this! :heart_eyes:
@dinushanmeeriyagalla Do you have any ideas?

2 Likes

@dinushanmeeriyagalla could you please give us an update? If you have completed the design you can attach it here.