ScholarX success stories page

This is awesome! Good job! @Madhawa I also like concept 1. what are your thoughts @akshika47?

1 Like

Hey all! The preview link for the ScholarX Success Stories page is up! Click here to visit it.
(At the moment, the Google Sheet it populated with dummy content and will be updated with actual content soon.)

1 Like

I wanna give it a go at Concept 2, but it is not polished yet. For example I feel the text on the right (beside the mentee’s photo) needs to be lowered. It has to be parallel to the image or a little bit below to the top of the image. What do you think?

Yes @akshika47 Currently it’s aligned exactly parallel to the image. Here I made it a little bit lower.

what are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

Here’s the Preview Link with the concept 2 and also with the content we have so far. looking for your feedback. @EngTeam @akshika47

1 Like

Looks awesome to me :heart_eyes: we can add a loader later cuz it’s it takes a few seconds to fetch the content from the sheet. Let’s refine the headers more as I mentioned earlier and add the mentor’s institute or the company.

1 Like

Thank you @anjisvj. I asked @Ashen_Hirantha to update the content with the mentor’s institute or the company.
Any comments on current placeholder image? I added it when an image is unavailable from the LinkedIn. Also we have few people with no LinkedIn profiles as well.

1 Like

The current placeholder image looks good to me. Maybe we can left align the titles instead of justifying. We need a nav link or something similar to access this page. @Madhawa @jaye @akshika47

1 Like

This is good work! We need to make sure we get the headshots of all the mentors and mentees in the stories as well!

2 Likes

Seems like one or two is missing. We might wanna reach them to get their photo.

1 Like

Shall I contact @Ashen_Hirantha regarding this? If we can reach them out we can get a photo and also the LinkedIn URLs.

1 Like

yeah sure, you can ask him

1 Like

Hey all!
This post is about adding a form to submit more stories from past mentees for the ScholarX success stories page.

The ‘Share my story’ button will direct Mentees to a page where they can fill a form. The inputs on the form will be;

• Name
  • linkedin URL
  • Program year
  • Highlight (Catch phrase)
  • Story
  • Achievements (points wise)
  • Mentor name

Once we have their Mentor’s name, following details can be added by us.

• Mentor’s linkedin URL
  • Mentor’s image
  • Mentor details / occupation

The collected data will be stored in a separate google sheet.

I would like to hear your suggestions/ thoughts on this @EngTeam @akshika47

Cheers!

3 Likes

Looks good to me. @Madhawa. @DESIRA what do you think about the title and the subtitle?

1 Like

This looks good @Madhawa . There is a small grammatical error. It should be ‘your story’ instead of ‘you story’. Other than that, it looks fine to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! And yeah that’s a typo @DESIRA. My bad :slightly_smiling_face:
Okay. I will proceed with this. And what about the form? Do we create a web page to get the inputs or do we use a google form? @EngTeam

1 Like

Google form would be nice. Can you create one? @Madhawa

1 Like

Sure @anjisvj, Need your feedback on this google form and the responses will be stored in this google sheet.

edit: it seems it doesn’t let me share a link with editing rights. But I added sustainableedufoundation@gmail.com as an editor.

1 Like

Thank you! @Madhawa Can you transfer the ownership? I think you can a send a PR for the new section.

As for the missing mentees and mentors can you get them from the 2021 mentors? and some of the mentees are in the slack channel. You can try searching there as well.