Home page Testimonials

Recently I worked on changing the home page testimonials from the carousel view to the card view. Yesterday at the web squad meeting, we discussed about the testimonial cards. So, the point was that all the cards in the SEF site had curved edges. To maintain the consistency of the site, we thought about doing that change to the testimonial cards as well. After the changes, it looks as below.

After that, I thought about Moving the cards into three rows. So, I tried that as well

@DevTeam WDYT :thinking:

3 Likes

@Gajindu_Bandara I love the new change it goes well with the rest of the websites design and everything ,Great work mate :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I suggest we get some new testimonials. There were some given by the ScholarX mentors. @jaye are you able to find those?

cc: @Dharana_J

1 Like

@akshika47 was it from a google form?

I am not sure! But I have seen them on a slide deck done for ScholarX.

Where can I find this? @akshika47 Is it with the sx team?

Shall we go for new testimonials? 2 mentors, 2 mentees, 2 volunteers

yeah sure. @kumuditha_udayanga will you be able to add them?

1 Like

@anjisvj Sure I’ll add them

1 Like

@akshika47 we talked about adding new testimonials to the homepage testimonial section during the stand-ups yesterday. @anjisvj told me to ask you about the testimonials. Where can I get those testimonials

1 Like

We have received the following two testimonials so far. What do you think about these testimonials @akshika47 @jaye @anjisvj @piumal1999 ?

Testimonial 1- ( Ramith Hettiarachchi)
From a young age, I was interested in electronics and computer science. This drive ultimately led me to study Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. During my undergraduate studies, I was fortunate to engage in research with the guidance of senior lecturers, fellow undergraduates and seniors in my department as well as researchers overseas. Also, during my second year, I got selected as a mentee of Dr Rukshan Batuwita. This was a great opportunity for me to get inspiration and feedback to build my career.

Apart from academics, I valued working alongside different communities. These included the Sustainable Education Foundation (SEF), Rotaract Club of University of Moratuwa (Rotaract Mora), and the IEEE Signal Processing Society (IEEE SPS). Also, I co-founded The AI Team in 2018, which started as an interest group in AI, and ultimately evolved into a company that delivers critical problem-solving skills to our clients.

Currently, I am working as a Post Baccalaureate Fellow at Harvard University, where I am affiliated with So Lab and Wadduwage Lab. As a Researcher at Harvard, I’m developing algorithms that can advance computational biology and computational imaging.

Testimonial 2 - ( Nayanathara Hendeniya)
In Sri Lanka, undergraduate students have only limited exposure in their respective fields. That leads to many students settling up for less than ideal career opportunities (along with other factors combined). SEF is a great opportunity for Sri Lankan undergraduates to meet with researchers, academics, and industry professionals who are pioneering in global scale. It bridges the gap between raw talent and exposure. It also provides a platform to chisel the raw talent into professionalism, which is the key to land in reputed job opportunities and academic opportunities. For instance, ScholarX is a perfect platform in breaking the norm/ stereotypical belief that “only academically high performing students get the best opportunities.” It helps you to cater the mentorship and guidance to your requirement and at the end, this tailored mentoring experience benefits you a lot. SEF is also an answer to brain drain, allowing SL based professionals to reach out to the next generation pioneers. Overall, Sustainable Education Foundation is actually defining the future for Sri Lankan undergraduates. (edited)

1 Like

Let’s add these two. Let update the existing ones as well.

1 Like

Hi! I had a discussion with Ashen about requesting testimonials again, but this time with a maximum word count of up to 100 words. He, therefore, suggested that since it would take some time, it would be preferable if we summarize testimonials on our end. @anjisvj @piumal1999

1 Like

It would be best to limit the word count to between 50 and 100 words. Also, let’s send them one of the testimonials available on our website as an example, as we discussed in our previous meeting.

I think we can remove some of the sentences from testimonial 2 and make it shorter. However, we may not be able to do the same for testimonial 1 .

Doesn’t it feel like the first testimonial is more of a personal story about the individual rather than focusing on SEF? Do you all feel the same way? @anjisvj @piumal1999

1 Like

The second one seems ok to me so I summarized it

SEF provides a crucial platform for Sri Lankan undergraduates, connecting them with leading researchers, academics, and industry professionals. It bridges the gap between raw talent and exposure, shaping them into professionals and opening doors to ideal career and academic opportunities. ScholarX breaks the stereotype that only high-performing students get the best chances, offering tailored mentoring and guidance. SEF addresses brain drain by empowering local professionals to guide the next generation. In essence, SEF is defining the future for Sri Lankan undergraduates.

Any comments??

1 Like