ScholarX Archive Comments

Hi @anjisvj,

Amazing job with the SEF ScholarX Archive. There are some changes I want you to do before we publish this and this is both technical and non-technical work.

1. Find the missing University names, headshots etc (We can create a task on GitHub and find a volunteer to complete this).
  2. Maintain standard name conventions (i.e. First Name and Second Name) rather than names with initials or multiple names for mentees. The same goes for mentors where there is an addition to have the correct address (Dr, Professor/Prof, or simply the name if they don’t have a PhD)
  3. Make the Mentor/Mentee drop-down menu a check box like the 4 years as it makes it clear and consistent.
  4. There shouldn’t be copies of the same mentor in the full list if they are part of multiple years. That is incorrect. (I think we discussed this before)

When we have these, we could publish this. Any other comments?

2 Likes

Other option is to publish this and ask people for feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anjisvj don’t you think, that with time this page should be a feature of the ScholarX platform itself? So in that way, we don’t have to update it separately?

1 Like

yeah, we can do it easily with the new platform.

Ok! So that is what we should look for moving forward and we need to figure out a way to integrate legacy data into this as well. Also, there shouldn’t be a repetition of user profiles. So a single mentor profile would be there but there would be connections to multiple students and batches etc. Hopefully, it will be a one-stop place for anyone to come and check their past students, testimonials and collaborative work.

This should be more like FB for mentoring etc.

1 Like