Using miro boards to get feedback on user flows

Since the current scholarx application user flow is a bit confusing for a non-technical person to understand, we thought of getting feedback on how the user flow should be from the scholarx team.

1 Like

Initail plan was to use miro board and make some cards for the main activities in the processes and ask others to arrange them in the order they think is the best.
I created a miro user flow diagram for mentee application user flow, https://miro.com/welcomeonboard/rZBpjqOpcAvWCHKJTMX6FQioHaucr51Cm73RZEBzV5Gda0TMXsOBrjtwn4T22a9V
@jaye @YohanAvishke Can you guys check it out?

1 Like

Awesome job @Gravewalker. My only suggestion is to make the step 6 more detailed by adding the form elements(ex: drive link) we need to fill, so when we’re getting the review reviewers can get a clear idea of UX.

Nice art BTW :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Good job @Gravewalker !

@akshika47 any thoughts?

@jaye @YohanAvishke @akshika47 I just used the default user flow diagram template on miro but I couldn’t find the option @jaye talked about the other day of setting up a timer and asking others to arrange the user flow. There was a timer option on the board but it was a premium feature so I couldn’t check it out, even then it’ll require the others in the scholarx team to create miro accounts in order to access the board, so to get the feedback we can just share the screen and ask them to put the order of the user actions as a flow in the chatbox or something, what do you guys think?

Yeah sure, I’ll update the board today itself. A tiny clarification where do I find those questions? Either way, I could come up with some questions for now

This is a good start, I have added some comments on the board as well.

I would add a parallel user flow in which a user can browse the programs and the available mentors without having to log in. Only at the application stage, they need to log in. This would keep the users on the web page leading to a better conversation rate. When get hit by a login page at the second step, we will have a high level of drop-offs

After you log-in, this flow is accurate, but there should be an alternate path for window-shopping.

1 Like

An excellent idea.
I updated the cards and these are just the main activities in the flow, not the flow itself. We can arrange these in different orders.

So we can arrange them in the order, 1 → 3 → 4 → 5 → 6 → 2 → 8 → 7 to provide the users with a little ‘window-shopping’. This is exactly the feedback we wanted from you guys.

1 Like

Yeah, sounds great. We can always have a log-in button on the top if they wished to log-in at any stage of the interaction flow. But it is a must to log-in to apply for the program.

@akshika47 @YohanAvishke
I made a demo for the mentee application process including all the suggestions like window shopping and keeping a button to apply at any time while window shopping, check it out.

Here is the sketch file, feel free to download and make any amendments,

1 Like

This looks great! I like it, what is the next step?

So for the next step while developing the reviewed flow. We will update the board with the rest of the user flows to get them reviewed as well. Currently we are focused on mentor application flow.

2 Likes

This is nice! Good work @Gravewalker!

mentor application user flow is completed and ready for review.
https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lNnVTas=/
@YohanAvishke @akshika47 @jaye @EngTeam

3 Likes

Good job @Gravewalker! How do you plan to get the feedback? Are you happy with the previous responses, or do you think we need to try it in a different way?

Yeah, the method is fine, I just wish there was more engagement :smile:

This is awesome @Gravewalker! I added a few comments, let’s keep this moving.

1 Like

Noted!
Thanks for the feedback, I’ll add those into the mockup when I make 'em.

Hi guys, I left some sticky notes -not sure if that was what i was supposed to do :sweat_smile:
Obviously the questions themselves will need reviewing.
But its looking good :slight_smile:

1 Like