Updating AcadeMix page

Request: Need a webpage for AcadeMix. Currently the AcadeMix option under Projects at https://sefglobal.org/ is directed to the postgrad google doc. There are a number of other resources we need to add to the page for it to look like the ScholarX and OneLive pages we have at the moment.

Need someone in the tech team to help me build this.

1 Like

I’ll initialize the file directory for AcadeMix webpage. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for taking ownership in @Gimhan_minion ! what do you need from me for this?

I’ll just do the draft and let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Minuri_Adasuriya Can i have a small description regarding Academix project.

Like this!

TEXT:

AcadeMix aims to curate a collection of free education resources available for Sri Lankan students to maximise their learning potential from Primary through to Post Graduate education and beyond.

Overtime our goal is to grow content on AcadeMix so that it becomes the go to consolidated platform for students in Sri Lanka for additional academic support and reduce the dependency that students and parents rely on paid tuition to supplement studies.

If you have a website, blog or channel that features free education content to support curriculum in Sri Lanka, do share with us at sustainableedufoundation@gmail.com

LOGO:

LOGO THREAD: https://trello.com/c/FmwkTVPu/337-academix-logo-design

Thank you @Minuri_Adasuriya! I’ll include this as the description of the webpage

Hi @Minuri_Adasuriya
We need to display these contents in the page right?

On the body of the page it should have a table with the following columns:

1. Education Level
  2. Subject
  3. Language
  4. Webpage

So this willbe included under the table as follows:

1. Education level: Postgraduate
  2. Subject: Guidance and resources to apply for postgraduate studies
  3. Language: English
  4. Webpage: link to googledoc
    5. Developed by: Organisation name

This is what I’ve done so far. Any Suggestions? Complains? :yum:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m working on this! :slight_smile:

@Gimhan_minion this is a great start! I would go for an image which is more related to education though.

1 Like

That’s a quick turnaround! Thank you :slight_smile: I noticed the opening para is missing, maybe its cause this is a draft page? But if you can include this at the start and you can read the rest after clicking on LEARN MORE

AcadeMix aims to curate a collection of free education resources available for Sri Lankan students to maximise their learning potential from Primary through to Post Graduate education and beyond.

Also, agree with AW. Can we have a picture of someone surrounded with books, tech etc.:?

Thank you!

1 Like

@Gimhan_minion and @jaye we have just been approached by Atlas (under Hemas now) to utilise this tool. They plan on taking the tool to all school teachers nationwide in Sri Lanka.

No pressure :stuck_out_tongue: let’s work on delivering something kick ass!

@akshika47 Thank you for your opinion! Sure we’ll change the image. I’ll Find some relevant images and share with y’all. We’ll select the best and I’ll replace it.

@Minuri_Adasuriya Sure I’ll change the description as above. Thank you for your opinion!.

cartoon-people-read-books-family-reading-bookstore_82574-7943

I’ve chosen 4 images. Vote! or feel free to suggest any image :yum:

1 Like

I like the last image.

2 Likes

Last one for me too please :blush:

1 Like

@Gimhan_minion how are you going with this? any blockers? or any help you need? Thanks!