Upgrading the Academix UI

We need to reduce the number of clicks that a user needs to click to get where the user wants. Currently, the home page shows the categories and once the user clicks on a category it will go to a page with subcategories for that item. In order to get to the items for that particular subcategory, the user needs to click on a subcategory and It will go for the items page.

As we discussed at our meeting we decide to show the items within the subcategories without redirecting to the items page.

Requirement

• Reduce the number of steps between category and an item
  • Improve the user experience

The current view is shown below.

• Home page with Categories

• Subcategory view

• Item view

Can I have some suggestions for change the UI to show items within the subcategories page?@DESIRA @Gimhan_minion

@anjisvj Can we do something like this? When you click on the sub-category all the items like above. @akshika47 @Minuri_Adasuriya What do you this of this suggestion :slightly_smiling_face: It’ll minimize the number of steps from homepage to a link.

It’s kinda challenge because items are paginated. I think we should show the items the way it is and let’s show the categories and subcategories within the same page. In the items page we can use page header to go back to the homepage. @jaye @akshika47 @Gimhan_minion

I think this is great!! like you said, less clicks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anjisvj Could you please update the initial description with the requirement and with the screenshots of the current UI?

I updated the initial description. I’m facing a problem there was an issue with my laptop so I won’t be able to get back it for a few days. I tried setting up the project in my old laptop but it keeps getting stuck every time I build the frontend. I’m so sorry can someone else can do my task? I can help you to do it. @jaye @Gimhan_minion @akshika47

1 Like

Sure @anjisvj! Let’s try to do something.
Thanks for informing us! :innocent:

1 Like

Here’s the PR for adding EFSL logo in academix page

Posting this here too. Lol. Thanks @jaye

I have updated the URLs to display the Subcategory names also. But the IDs are still showing. It will be fixed later.

Thank you @piumal1999!!!
Btw, we have to let IDs there. That how we uniquely identify categories / subcategories.

2 Likes