Implementing the manage mentees functionality in ScholarX

Hi all,
I was assigned to manage the mentees of a mentor. So basically there are 3 states that this view depends on.

1. Mentee Apply Period
  2. Mentee Verification Period
  3. Ongoing Program

During the Mentee Apply Period, the mentor will be able to see all the mentees who applied for him/her.
But mentors can’t approve or reject in this stage. So according to the wireframes, it looks like this.

The next stage would be the Mentee Verification Period. During this stage, the mentor can approve or reject the mentees. According to the wireframe, the view would be something similar to this.

The last state is the Ongoing stage. In this stage, mentors can view his approved mentees. But there are no action buttons for the mentor,

I’ll start working on this and meanwhile update this thread regarding this.

Hi @Gimhan_minion. Thanks for creating the thread! :hugs:

Finetune the thread with the following suggestions,

• The requirement is not only to load the mentees. Listing the mentees will be a subtask of the requirement.
  • Explain the whole scenario, non-technically as possible. (You have to consider about the lifecycle states as well)
  • Later-on or in the same thread, you can devide the task to sub tasks
  • There should be a link to view the mentee’s application
  • Change the title with actually what you are going to do. ex: You are not going to Manage Mentees of a mentor; but to implement that UI functionality. You can use something like, “Implementing the manage mentees functionality in ScholarX” (note the “ScholarX” part)

cc: @EngTeam

2 Likes

I created a draft PR for this requirement

But there is an issue with the API (GET mentees of a specific mentor). As soon as I’ll make the necessary changes.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update @Gimhan_minion!
Is that issue has been resolved?

Btw,
Update the thread with the requested changes. Some have not been fixed yet.

1 Like

I created a pull request for the above functionality. But couldn’t figure out the issue in APPROVE and REJECT buttons. The PUT requests don’t seem to work with postman either. can you please look into this too. @piumal1999 :hugs:

And according to the API doc a mentor can only approve or reject a mentee in PENDING state. But shouldn’t he be able to reject already APPROVED mentor?

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Gimhan_minion. Yes, you are correct; It should allow rejecting an already approved mentor and vise versa. @piumal1999 @YohanAvishke please fix it. This is applicable to the mentors too.

@Gimhan_minion Could you please add some screenshots to the thread?

1 Like

Screencast from 11-17-2020 12_40_56 AM

Here’s a screen recording instead of screenshots. Hope it’ll be easier to understand :yum: @jaye

1 Like