Creating issues for upcoming Hacktoberfest

Hey guys, since Hacktoberfest is closing in, we should start preparing as an organization. The first step to this preparation is initiating this thread so everyone can chip in their thoughts on this regard. The next step would be to find bugs/improvements which are scattered around our projects and create small issues so that the Hacktoberfest participants can contribute accordingly. Any opinions on this would be highly appreciated.

4 Likes

Thank you @DESIRA for initiating this. A good starting point will be the SEF site because that’s where we usually get newcomers. We have three new pages coming to the site. It will be easier to find improvements on these pages.

1. SEF Engineering page
  2. ScholarX Archive
  3. ScholarX Success stories

For these pages, we can create issues for mobile responsiveness, and alignment issues.

For the other pages also we can find some improvements for example making the design consistent across the site. We can consider code refactorings as well. Another thing is making development easier for developers currently we are having problems with formatting the code. We can find a solution for this as suggested here.

Since the ScholarX v2 is still not in the development stage we cannot work on them.

@EngTeam let us know your suggestions

4 Likes

Hey guys, So I was assigned to design a post to share on social media about hacktoberfest 2022. So here is the design I have came up with. Would like to hear your thoughts and feedback on this.

3 Likes

I love this design. Good job as always! @jaye WDYT? Shall we share this?

1 Like

This looks great @Madhawa !

1 Like

Thank you @anjisvj and @DESIRA

1 Like

Yeah, let’s go with this! Thanks for getting it done @Madhawa! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No problemo :love_you_gesture:t3: @jaye