Welcome! Please introduce yourself! šŸ¤—

Hi there everyone! Iā€™m Gimhan
First of all Iā€™m new to SEF team and iā€™m really glad that Iā€™m part of it. Since everyoneā€™s been talking about what theyā€™ve accomplished, Iā€™ve completed my A/Lā€™s and nearly was able to get pass. WEW! :sweat_smile: Currently staying at home most of the time eating & sleeping! Besides that Iā€™m going through some online courses which is i really like and some interesting books assigned by @jaye. Hi there mentor! :vampire:

SEF is a whole new place for me even though I already know some people here @jaye @piumal1999 @anjisvj @Gravewalker @janithRS @kumuditha_udayanga . Hi there College mates! :see_no_evil:. Any tv show freaks here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:? FYI Iā€™m totally in to TV shows and i spend most of the time watching them except eating & sleeping! :eyes:

I guess itā€™s enough now & itā€™s time for me to shut up. Once again Iā€™m glad to be a part of SEF and Iā€™m really looking forward to know all of you guys! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m Shyamal and a professional in the IT field. This might give you a glimpse of an idea to my career background.
Like you, I would like to build amazing things and make this world a better place. Iā€™m slightly favouring Java technologies over others but always eager to learn new things. I would like to educate, groom others around me as much as Iā€™m willing to learn from them. I believe we can share knowledge with each other and grow together and at the same time build a solid platform to support this initiative.

Iā€™m a husband to a wonderful wife and a father a beautiful daughter. A petrolhead and highly admire German and Italy machines but enjoy rally cars more. Must say bias towards Lancer Evo,

Iā€™m thankful to you for your warm welcome and looking forward to engaging with these brightest brains and wonderful souls to support you in this initiative.

cheers!

8 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Desira Wijesundara; former royalist and currently studying software engineering at IIT.
I have a wide variety of hobbies including sketching, writing, photography, and cooking. Iā€™ve played a ton of video games from my youngest years to late teens, which fueled my creativity and sparked the desire to learn coding so I could be a developer as well. The love for my gaming still remains though I decided itsā€™ addictive behavior is quite destructive, so I quit gaming for good along with a few other bad habits including social media.

My taste for music is extremely convoluted, for I listen to most genres of music spanning from k-pop to heavy metal. Few of my favorite musical genres are orchestral music, metal and 2000ā€™s pop music.
Cooking and listening to music are my personal remedies for getting through a bad day. I also used to be a photographer and was very passionate about the craft. Unfortunately I donā€™t own a camera anymore. I currently blog about coding, since I love to write, and I also practice new things in terms of coding every day. I love fantasy movies (not talking about rom-coms *cough *cough) and sci-fi movies. Not a huge fan of TV shows yet I loved ā€œBreaking badā€ and ā€œThe last air benderā€.

I have always considered coding to be something truly remarkable, yet I was quite pessimistic about my intelligence, and was too afraid to try programming. I tested my luck in two professions. First one being a digital marketer and the second one being a chef. So I took my first job as a digital marketing intern/ content writer at a boutique agency called ā€œAntyra Solutionsā€. Then I joined hotel school, with hopes of becoming a chef, though I had to work as a waiter to familiarize myself with the work environment. So I did eventually work as a waiter/ bartender at ā€œGateway Hotelā€ before realizing blue collar jobs are not my forte. I had to call it quits and finally decided to practice the art of coding.

I am trying my best to be of aid to SEF as a student ambassador and software engineer.

8 Likes

WE are happy to have you @DESIRA ! :hugs:

1 Like

Hey, Miluckshan J here :yum:. Iā€™m a final year Computer Science student from SLIIT. There isnā€™t much to say about me. Iā€™m an ambivert, silent at first but a total beast when we get close :joy:. I love reading on books about management and psychology and, teaching whenever possible. Brought up in a tech family but an avid nature lover. [shameless advertising] Love working as a team and Iā€™m already feeling tingly for using the word ā€˜Iā€™ multiple times. Lemme stop from here. K, Byeee.

6 Likes

It is great to have you in the team @miluckshan-j. Looking forward to working with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, iam Vinith.
Now iam doing my Civil and structural engineering top up in BCAS campus. there isnā€™t much to say about me. I would like to do research projects. I love to study biomimicry construction.When am searching about my research project, i found SEF. I just want to get information about the transportation engineering
( passenger waiting time related information). This is the good platform to clear my doubts.
i am very happy to join with SEF.

THANK YOU

5 Likes

Hello @vinith2508 welcome to SEF :partying_face:. Looking forward to working with you

1 Like

Welcome @vinith2508 and @miluckshan-j. Itā€™s great having you people here.
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi Guys!
Iā€™m Ranula. By the way Iā€™m newbie to SEF team and glad to be part of team. Current former as hybrid mobile app developer and studying final year at SLIIT

7 Likes

Welcome to SEF @Ranula!

Welcome @miluckshan-j @vinith2508 and @Ranula!! :innocent:

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I am not sure I am writing on the correct wall, anyway nice to join SEF. It might take a while to get used to Hive. I have added some resources and comments on the google spreadsheet.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Hi @VirajK! Welcome to SEF! :blush:

1 Like

Hello :wave: @VirajK Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Welcome @VirajK, Great to have you here mate!

1 Like

Welcome to SEF! :heart:

1 Like

Hello aliens, Iā€™m Sumedha
First of all i asked someone who know me better to describe me before typing this and the reply was ā€œoya modai and again another modaiā€ anywayā€¦
Iā€™m a human who love to try various things in life like hunting, sky diving, Build PCs just to waste money, buying a tiger and im also a competitive gamer who sometimes play games the whole day and i love to make my own game one day just to see others playing it and no one even care about who made it(some of them are just dream ik that :P). Okayā€¦ thats a lil about me and more to come just keep reading please. Iā€™m currently a Software Engineering undergraduate at IIT and Iā€™m currently working at gamer.lk. Well, i spend lots of free time with my friends (virtually) talking nonsense about nonsense and sometimes i read books just to make my grammar a lil better, I love streaming games as a hobby, love to travel, watch movies, listen songs for hours and bla bla. But one thing that makes me more happy is codingā€¦ you know programming stuff and all for the sake of the AI robots to help them invade our planet one day. The reason i love coding is the happiness that comes after solving a problem with 1000s of errors with the help of Stack Overflow, Google and all that forums which helps poor people like us for freeā€¦ that thing, that happiness is very unique for programmers i mean we all do what we do keep ourselves happy after all.
Anyway thats a little myself essay for yallā€¦ If you like this donā€™t forget to hit that like button, leave a comment, If you want more content please hit that subscribe button and stay tuned.

Peaceā€¦

sorry not sorry janithā€¦

7 Likes

Nice introduction! :grinning:Welcome to SEF @sumedha !

Hi ,
I am Ranojaan. I am a second year Undergraduate in Information Technology at University of Moratuwa.Also I am working as a project coordinator at Sustainable Education Foundation. I am always curious learn new things.

7 Likes