Steps to update google sheets & Cloudinary Images

In the last dev standups meeting, we discussed documenting the steps to update the google sheets and the SEF Cloudinary account so this is about that. Recently I worked on the JSON file replacement project and the image migrating thing. Now the site does not contain JSON files, all of them are replaced with google sheets and all the profile images are moved to the SEF Cloudinary account so I’m gonna explain the steps to update the info in the google sheets and the SEF Cloudinary account :innocent:

Google sheets

This google doc contains all the links to the google sheets

So when the sheet needs to be updated you can just add the new info to the relevant column of the sheet. It’s as simple as that, so when you need to add images to an "image "column in the google sheet you have to follow some steps so I’ll explain that with the Cloudinary thing.

Cloudinary image hosting

We used the Cloudinary image hosting service to host all the profile images. At the moment all the images are stored in the SEF Cloudinary account. So if you need to add any new images just have to follow the below steps.

Step 1 - Login to the SEF Cloudinary account

login

Step 2 - Go to the “Media Library” in the account. There you can see all the folders which contain the images of the SEF site

media lib

This is the file structure of the SEF Cloudinary account

Step 3 - After that just go to the folder that you need to upload images and you can drag and drop the new images into the folder.

upload

Step 4 - Now you have to get the link to the image. You can see the way to get the image link from the above video

Example-
Just make sure to use the image ID in the google sheet. As in the below example, you can remove the red-colored part from the link, and then you will get the image ID
Screenshot from 2021-07-27 11-02-15

link

Step 5 - That’s all !!! Just use that ID in the image column of the google sheet :grin:

4 Likes