ScholarX beta version deployment

I’m currently working on deploying a stable version of the ScholarX application on Heroku. The purpose of this deployment is to test out the beta version of the application. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to deploy it. Meanwhile, I’ll be using this thread to post my progress, blockers, and extra material related to this deployment. Feel free to share your thoughts. :hugs:

Note: We already do have a deployed dyno for the development branch. This deployment is only used for the actual test.

1 Like

We have deployed the master branch. Btw development branch was merged to master branch today. So the two branches are similar now

1 Like

After yesterday’s meetup, the team decided to merge the current development branch to master and leave the master branch as a stable version of ScholarX. Meanwhile, the newer version updates will be continued on a separate branch.

Since we already have a deployed Heroku app for developer testing purposes, We’ll be using the same deployment for the beta test too. Therefore I won’t be creating a separate dyno for the beta test.

Anyway, I found this great article on how to embed your react application within spring-boot and create a common jar file using the frontend maven plugin. Check out if anyone’s interested in trying that :yum:
https://www.kantega.no/blogg/webapp-with-create-react-app-and-spring-boot

1 Like