Implementing mentor selection UI

When a given program reaches the MENTOR_CONFIRMATION state the user can select a mentor if the user has been accepted by multiple mentors. From that list of mentors, the user can select a mentor and become a mentee. If the user has accepted by only one mentor this page will show that mentor.

• Basic UI with mentor listing
    • List mentors
    • Create sub view for the users who don’t have access
  • Actions
1 Like

These are the wireframes I created for the selection UI

Here’s the issue for above task:

Here’s the draft PR for the task:

2 Likes

@anjisvj instead of providing an approve button for each mentor, we can just display them radio buttons or something. Since the user already knows about the mentor, having a very simple UI is enough. Just let them pick their mentor and click on a button to confirm.

1. Mentees who has one mentor don’t need a UI. Just display a friendly message on the UI that states this UI is not available because you don’t have permission to view it or you already confirmed your mentor.

Also, Don’t start coding without verifying your design as instructed.

In yesterday meeting, We discussed to show the mentor if there’s only one mentor. If there’s more than one there will be list of mentors. Otherwise how can I know my mentor? In this case anyone can access that UI. @jaye

User who has been selected by multiple mentors

User who has been selected by one mentor

User who haven’t accepted by a mentor

User who haven’t applied as a mentee

In third view let’s replace the text with something along the lines of “Unfortunately, you were not selected as mentee for this program”

1 Like